Next year for New Years Eve I will be surrounded by my friends, quite drunk, kissing someone at midnight and having a blast.
Omg the Chicago New Years Eve telecast is awful
Lady Gaga was cray cray as usual. Love her.
You’re one to talk when you and Rachel get just about every solo there is to have.
How about you take your own advice and
- I wasn’t happy with my previous host family. I found a new, awesome one an moved out.
- I had an amazing summer with my new host family. Spent a cool few weeks in a beautiful part of Michigan.
- Spent a week in LA, something I have always wanted to do. Saw Grauman’s Chinese Theatre, The Kodak Theatre where the Oscars are held. Saw a live taping of Entertainment Tonight and The Insider. Made some new friends in LA.
- Went to Vegas for my 21st birthday.
- Saw the Grand Canyon.
- Went back to California with my host family. Went to Disneyland and travelled all the way up California to San Francisco by car.
- Drove on the Golden Gate bridge and saw every landmark there was to see in San Francisco.
- Made new friends. Solidified the best friendships I already had.
- Became a part of a bunch of new fandoms.
- Fell in love with 2 new book series. Hunger Games and The Mortal Instruments.
- Got 3 more tattoo’s.
- Went back to ChiCon with the girls I met there the year before who are now 2 of my best friends.
- Finished being an Au Pair. The job I’ve had for the past 2 years.
- Secured a student visa and got into a school in America.
- Bought my own iPhone.
- Rented an apartment for the new year.
- I am now on the cusp of being a real adult with my own place, bills to pay, classes to go to and job hunting.
It’s been a huge year for me even if it doesn’t seem like it compared to others. I feel like I am about to start a new chapter of my life. One that will be difficult and scary but at the same time amazing, fun and full of adventure.
Bring on 2012.
So last night in the shower I just started thinking and was like, man, I’m nervous for darren.
and then a scenario played out in my head:
What if he calls Chris. Like in the middle of the night in between Monday night/Tuesday morning. And Chris is all “Darren, it’s 1am. What are you doing?”
“It’s not 1am here.”
“Yeah, you’re right. It’s four. what’s wrong?”
“I can’t do this. What if I fuck up? I always fuck up, Chris. It was a fucking fluke that I even got on Glee and even then I’m just mediocre and this…this is Broadway. If I fuck up, they can’t call cut and go and fix it and I’m gonna make a fucking fool of myself and just what the hell was I thinking?! I cannot do this…” And he just keeps rambling and ranting.
And Chris finally all but yells his name into the phone and is all, “First off, you are not mediocre. You wouldn’t have gotten on the show if you were. And you certainly wouldn’t have been made a freakin regular after only a few episodes. You’re good dare. You’re amazing and you’re going to be amazing up there and you’re going to blow them all away. They wanted you. They pursued you. They knew you were the best for this and you are. You’re going to show every single goddamned person that has ever rejected you that you’re great and they completely fucked up by turning you away. You can do this. And you will. And it’s going to be amazing, you’re going to be so amazing.”
After being silent on the other side for a while, Darren will just whisper “I wish you were here.” and Chris will say he wishes he were there too. And then Darren just deflates, the anger and fear washing away and leaving him exhausted. He quietly asks if Chris will stay on the phone with him and he does and they just talk about random things for a while, Chris’ voice quiet and soothing and Darren falls asleep on the line to the sound of his voice and Chris just whispers “Good night, I love you. and I am so proud of you.”
At the end of opening night, the curtains fall to a standing ovation and Darren’s heart is fucking pounding and his hands are shaking and his knees feel like they’re about to buckle because holy shit, he just performed to a sold out crowd on Broadway and he can hear the cast cheering and feel them hugging him and he walks backstage kinda like in a trance and goes to his dressing room and there standing in the middle is Chris with a huge bouquet of flowers and the biggest grin ever and tears in his eyes, “Did you really think I’d miss your opening night?” and Darren just closes the distance and hugs him tight, still in costume and god how did he get so lucky.
- Me: Why am I still single?
- Brain: You're weird as shit, lol.
- Body: And you're fat lmao.
- Face: Plus you're pretty ugly too lmfao.
- Food: Don't worry babe, I'm here for you.
Do you know which couple from your show has had their first kiss and assorted other special moments make it on to almost every entertainment media’s best of 2011 list? I’ll give you a hint, it’s not Finchel. Here’s an idea, why don’t you capitalize on that?